Don Day is a National Edward R. Murrow award-winning and Emmy-nominated leader, dedicated to building strong teams and achieving high level results. He is skilled in content, marketing, business development and public relations, and is known as a high-energy, focused leader. With 17 years of direct, hands-on experience with a wide variety of brands, he knows how to use a fusion of analytics, consumer insight, research, knowledge and gut instinct.
His experience is varied and extensive. A few accomplishments:
- Crafted and created internal and external marketing plans.
- Increased revenue by 300% over five years by focusing on staff development, product innovation and customer service.
- Recruited and trained a team of marketing professionals who achieve top-level results.
- Consulted with dozens of business owners, managers and directors on business strategy and results.
- Negotiated vendor contracts and agreements.
- Helped build a variety of consumer-focused products, including 17-year oversight of KTVB.COM, one of the most-visited local news websites in the country.
- Produced the state's highest-rated daily newscast, helping capture National Edward R. Murrow and Regional Emmy awards in the process.
- Led the effort to build the state's largest social media presence, with the most followers of any Idaho-focused business across Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
- Developed leading mobile apps, including KTVB's Bronco Roundup, the most-used Boise State Sports application.
- Founded and built an Internet development firm focused on small business which generated more than $50,000 in revenue over two years.
- Created and wrote the state's most-trafficked blog (IdahoRadioNews.com) for more than five years.
- Experienced public speaker with engagements as varied as City Club of Boise, Oppenheimer Ethics Symposium and Treefort Music Fest.
Don is a fourth-generation Idahoan. He is engaged and connected in the community, with speaking engagements, volunteer work and board service with organizations as diverse as the Boise Chamber, Ignite Boise, Saint Alphonsus and Borah High School.
He spends his weeks in Boise and his weekends on the lake in McCall or the slopes of Sun Valley.